Finding sustainable energy options is becoming increasingly important as more people become aware of our severe climate concerns. It’s still a challenge to find solutions that are both sustainable and efficient enough to meet our growing energy demands.
Solar panels use energy from the sun rather than pricey fossil fuels, so you won’t have to pay for electricity. With the idea that solar panels will play a role in addressing climate change, here are 5 brilliant ideas that are making solar electricity more accessible.
Purchase a more energy-efficient solar panel model.
- Photovoltaic cells are used to convert solar energy in the form of sunshine into useful electricity in solar panels. A solar panel cannot convert all of the solar energy it absorbs into electricity, no matter how great it might be.
- Therefore, the efficiency of a panel is the percentage of energy that is converted into electricity by solar cells.
Purchase panels with High Concentrated Photovoltaic (CPV) Cells.
- CPV works by concentrating sunlight onto a high-efficiency solar cell that would otherwise be too expensive to use directly. CPV panels have a maximum efficiency of 46 percent, whereas traditional solar panels have a maximum efficiency of 22 percent.
- With great efficiency, however, comes a hefty price tag. CPV panels can be up to four times more expensive than regular PV panels.
Solar panels should not be installed in shady places.
- Because solar panels create power from sunlight, it’s only natural that shade reduces the amount of electricity produced. Many people, on the other hand, are unaware of the effect of shade on a solar panel array.
- Even if one solar cell is shadowed, the energy generated by its neighboring cells can be affected. This is because it functions as a resistor.
Hire a professional to install your solar panels.
- If solar panels aren’t placed properly, they won’t receive as much sunshine as they should and will produce less electricity.
- When installing panels, alignment and angle are two important factors to consider. For the greatest sunshine exposure, solar panels should be installed at an angle of 18 to 36 degrees.
- If you’re unfamiliar with all of this, it’s usually best to hire a professional to install your solar panels so you can get the most out of them. August Heiss of ADH Solar provides commercial and residential solar services in the Phoenix area.
Solar panels should be cleaned regularly.
- Solar panels require minimal maintenance because they do not have any moving parts. However, cleaning your solar panels regularly is recommended because dust and debris can accumulate on the surface, limiting performance.
- The frequency with which you should clean your solar panels is determined by various factors, including how often it rains and how much it costs to get them cleaned.
- Dust and filth may only reduce productivity by 5% over a year. However, if they become unclean — for example, in an area where there isn’t enough rain – the production can drop by more than 20%. As a result, cleaning your solar panels at least once a year is a smart idea.
These 5 amazing solar panel ideas should help you increase solar panel efficiency and sustain peak performance, saving you money and lowering the environmental effect.